What will the apprentice be doing?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team involved in Shop-Fitting and maintenance of structures. The Company works with one of the UKs leading supermarkets, travelling to install and maintain shop fittings and their putdoor spaces in trms of car parks, roadways shop frontages and trolley stations. The work will be varied, will involve different hours of work with some overnight stays.
The apprentice will be involved with:
- Relaying paving
- Breaking out concrete, installing carpark bollards
- Minor brickwork repairs
- Labouring for Bricklayer for larger brick projects
- Minor external render patch repairs
- Installing posts and carpark signage
- Installing trolley shelters
- Repairs to surface drainage
- Assist the Senior Groundsman/Bricklayer in adhoc grounds repairs
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will receive regular online training sessions, have site visits from the training provider and will work towards a Level 2 Groundworks qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- After succesful completion of the apprenticeship there will be potential for full time employment
Reality CheckThe role will involve working outdoors in all weathers. Offer of Apprenticeship will only be given after successful passing of drugs & Alcohol test. The apprentice will need to complete and pass a CSCS test before going on site.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Other CSCS (Grade Pass) Essential