The Conservation and Warehouse Apprentice will encompass learning the manufacturing of bespoke goods for conservation, general warehouse duties and checking and maintenance of equipment and movement of stock.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To shadow and learn the production of bespoke items for conservation
- To help with the movement of boxes and pallets to ensure the smooth operation of the warehouse. Equipment and training will be necessary
- To build relationships with the local customer base by completing joint deliveries of goods
- To assist with the recycling of cardboard and paper from removal jobs
- To keep the box and recycling area clean and tidy
- To help prepare vehicles for the next day
- To empty stillages and keep clear warehouse walkways and fire exits.
- To complete monthly H and S checks on each vehicle
- To complete tool maintenance checks and report faulty items to the Warehouse Coordinator
- To assist with the packing up and moving of domestic and commercial furniture and various other items into and out of the warehouse with the relevant training
- Assisting the warehouse team on packing containers - training will be given
- To audit loose items and record with numbered location
- To assist in the general tidiness of the operational areas of the warehouse
- Assist with the picking and packing process for items to be dispatched
- To support the Warehouse Coordinator and Storage Operations Executive with various tasks to ensure the smooth running of the warehouses
Warehouse co-ordinator, Qualifications in warehouse equipment. The bigger the skill set the more earning potential. Many different areas to excel in within the company, warehouse, removal technician, art-technician, manufacturing operative.
Location of the opportunity is in Heyford Business park. Keeping warm in the colder months as it is cold in the warehouses. Uniform will be given.
- Ability to communicate, personable, team player, has buy-in to what the company is all about
- Team player
- Hard working
- An interest in Engineering
- Energetic and passionate
A minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade 3 and above including English, Science and Maths.
Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2:
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (Knowledge and Skills)
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Level 2 Functional Skills (attempt)
- End Point Assessment