What will the apprentice be doing?
- Co-ordinating arrangements for audit and risk committee meetings.
- Assisting in establishing internal risk control testing programmes.
- Supporting and auditing the management team to ensure completion of monthly controls testing.
- Providing Management Information to senior management and the board risk committee.
- Conducting desk-based audit reviews, ensuring appropriate audit trails are in place.
- Co-ordinating Risk Register reports.
You will be honest, hard-working and enthusiastic and have an interest in working with people at all levels in a Regulatory environment. By the end of the apprenticeship we will help you to be:
confident and able to work with a range of people
- a competent communicator
- organised and able to meet deadlines
- accurate and thorough
- competent in this area of work (level 3 minimum).
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As a Compliance/ Risk Officer Apprentice you will undertake the Compliance/ Risk Officer Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in the awarding of the ICA Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering, Compliance, or Financial Crime Prevention.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent contract upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Opportunities for further professional study/qualifications in the compliance/risk/asset finance environment.
Opportunities for career progression - the department is expanding and developing. We are also planning for succession.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Word, Excel
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 inc Maths and English (Grade C or 4 and above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any 2 (Grade C and above) Essential