To provide an efficient and effective compliance administration service to the Consultants and Senior Consultants at Academics Ltd. To ensure that all appropriate candidate checks are carried out fully prior to the commencement of duties and that the Company database is keep up to date with client and candidate information.
Duties to include:
- To register new candidates by showing them how to complete the manual or online forms
- To chase candidates who have outstanding documents/references
- To collect all relevant documentation for candidates to ensure that the appropriate vetting checks can be carried out
- To carry out the referencing of candidates. Ensure that the system has been updated and that the Consultants are aware when references have been returned
- To complete and send out DBS application forms, ensuring that all documentation has been verified beforehand
- To send correspondence to candidates and schools confirming the details of assignments
- To support the Consultants and Senior Consultants in all areas of administration relating to the registration of suitable candidates
- To maintain and update all required registers and reports
After 12-months we would increase their salary to bring it in line with our Compliance Administrator starting salary bracket (Approximately minimum of £18k per annum).
Local Environment and travel links - Maryland National Rail or Stratford underground stations.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good level of general education
- Knowledge of compliance procedures within the Education sector and general DBS guidelines
- Experience in providing administrative support within a busy working department
- Computer Literate with solid proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and E-mail
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to communicate with people at all levels both in person and over the telephone
- Well-motivated with the ability to work with little supervision, to prioritise, organise and follow procedures
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping
- Excellent attention to detail
GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent.
- Business Administrator Level 3
- Functional Skills if required
This training programme focuses on developing administration skills.
The qualification aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Business support services
- Project management
- Supporting the organisation of events
- Customer service
- Developing IT skills
- Telephone skills
- Managing information and data
- Marketing support