A Commis Chef assists a section chef, also known as a Chef de Partie. The apprenticeship is made up of many varying responsibilities including:
- Assisting in the food preparation process
- Cooking and preparing elements of high quality dishes
- Preparing vegetables, meats and fish
- Assisting other Chefs
- Helping with deliveries and restocking
- Assisting with stock rotation
- Cleaning stations
- Contributing to maintaining kitchen and food safety standards
Finding the right balance between your work and your lifestyle is really important, with a Commis Chef apprenticeship you will often find that your shifts include days, evenings and weekends so be sure to consider your home and family commitments and choose a career that enables you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
The apprenticeship with the Old Mill will last 15 months and you will be working towards your Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Ongoing support and progression.
- Good oral communication
- Understanding of health and safety
- High level of attention to detail
- Team player qualities
- Positive and approachable manner
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
No qualifications needed.
- Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in maths and English