Our Academy will provide the opportunity for you to work with us on a full-time basis and to ‘earn while you learn’, setting you up with the very best skills, qualifications and experience to begin your career in the industry.
We have partnered with HIT Training to create a Chef Academy, where you will attend 1-2 days of training per month either at a HIT Chef Academy the site, with accommodation and travel costs covered or as a virtual session.
Back in your hotel, with the support of your Exec Chef, you will learn on-the-job from exceptional chefs within a highly skilled kitchen brigade (we hold 2-3 rosettes in each of our Brasseries/Restaurants), whilst working with premium seasonal produce and high-quality equipment/tools.
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where we’ll expect you to work within a team, prepare dishes and prepare veg. You will be working a minimum of 40 hours per week, across 5 days (inclusive of training days). Our hotels are busiest on Fri-Sunday, and so you should be prepared to work regular weekends.
- The chance to work for a luxury hotel collection
- Pay rate of £7.70per hour for the first year of your apprenticeship, rising to £8-9 per hour
- Guaranteed full-time employment at the end of your apprenticeship
- Great prospects with a ‘Grow with Eden’ Career Progression Pathway
- Training to achieve a Level 2 Commis Chef qualification
- A dedicated mentor and regular reviews
- 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service
- Discounted hotel stays including within the spa and food and beverage departments
- Guaranteed employment at the end of the apprenticeship
- Pay increase after 1 year of the apprenticeship
- Progression to a Level 3 Apprenticeship
We want to hear from aspiring Chefs who love the idea of creating amazing food from the best ingredients have high standards and bags of flair and creativity along with:
- Excellent communication skills
- A real and evident passion for food
- The desire to build a career as a Chef
- A ‘can do attitude, along with a good sense of humour and team spirit
- Enthusiasm and desire to succeed
- Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exceptional standard
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required