This role is based in the beautiful Sussex countryside in Petworth, West Sussex, where we provide catering daily for 900 people across Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. In addition, we also cater for numerous internal and external events. From canapé receptions to intimate fine dining events.
If you want to be part of a fun, friendly and innovative team where your contribution is
truly valued. Then this could be the job for you.
We ourselves on offering high end hospitality as well as the day to day catering of 1,700 meals to staff and pupils at this prestigious coastal boarding school. You would be part of a dynamic,
enthusiastic team who would give you the opportunity and support to begin a fulfilling career.
What’s in it for you?
Salary: 18,532.80 per annum
Permanent 5 days out of 7, 40 hours per week
Meals on Duty
Holroyd Howe is one of the UK's leading contract caterers, providing fresh food services
solely to independent schools and colleges.
This role is
based in the beautiful Sussex Countryside near Chichester, West Sussex, where
we provide catering daily for 900 people across Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
In addition, we also cater for numerous internal and external events. From canapé receptions to intimate fine dining events. If you want to be part of a fun, friendly and innovative team where your contribution is truly valued. Then this could be the job for you.
An exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Commis Chef has arisen at this prestigious West
Sussex Independent School. If you are an looking to carve out your career and are willing to go that extra mile whilst ensuring that you do not take yourself too seriously and have a positive attitude then we have the ideal environment. We encourage our team to have a real impact on the offer we provide, being engaged in menu design, daily catering operations, hospitality functions and everything in-between! We want you to be open minded, passionate and inspirational; no
day is the same here and that is something you will love!
Working within a team of talented chefs, you will have excellent people skills and be
working with a close team to continually achieve our high standards and develop our catering offer. We will make sure you have all the support and skills required to succeed!
What we are looking for:
An adaptable, fun, individual who is keen to develop their skills within a kitchen environment. You will be creative, motivated and will have excellent communication skills and a strong customer service focus. If this sounds exciting to you, then we would love to hear from you!
** We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare
of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection
screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and
the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Chef de Partie within Seaford College or surrounding Holroyd Howe site
- Progression onto Future Level 3 course
- Passion for Food
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to meet targets
- Have a genuine interest in working within a kitchen
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Resilience, team working and good communication skills are essential
- An interest in good food and ambition
- You will be happy working to the direction of the Head Chef / Sous Chef and be able to follow instructions
- You will have attention to detail, be passionate about cooking, and be obsessed with quality.
- Reliable and trustworthy - always turning up for shifts and your regular assessments for the Apprenticeship
- Good communication skills
- No formal Cooking qualifications specified
- Computer literacy
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Clear and concise English
Not only will you be enrolled with the leading Apprenticeship provider HIT Training but you will also be offered plenty of opportunities for additional training including:
Level 2 Food Safety
Level 2 Health and Safety
Supplier Demonstration Days-