All we ask from you is that you have love and enthusiasm for hospitality and in return, we will provide you with all the skills needed to excel in the industry. Within just a few years you could be fully equipped to manage your own kitchen or move front of house and run the restaurant in its entirety - the opportunities are endless.
Our Chefs are the artists behind the dishes we serve our guests. Our Chefs are passionate about all things food and take great pride in only serving the tastiest plates.
What makes a great Chef?
- Make it magic: You deliver great-looking food at pace, serving dishes that delight our guests and keep them coming back for more.
- Keep it fresh: You are always looking for ways to make service and operations better, coming up with new ideas that help the business grow.
- Be sharp: You are an expert on all things: policies, processes and specs, maintaining the kitchen that meets the highest levels of safety and hygiene standards.
- You understand the key performance indicators your restaurant is measured against and work hard to positively influence these whilst on shift
- Do it together: You are fun to be around and easy to work with, always helping a colleague in need
What you will receive...
- Great training through our apprenticeship programme will set you up for success
- 28 days paid annual leave
- Team incentives
- 3% pension contribution
- Participation in our annual Share Save Scheme
- 30% discount across all of The Restaurant Group brands
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Free meal on shift
- Plenty of career progression opportunities
I will learn to make it magic by:
- Understanding how my role affects the guest experience
- Knowing how to prepare, cook and assemble food to spec
- Being able to produce dishes to suit guests individual needs
Keep it fresh:
- Being aware of portion and waste control
- Knowing why and how technology is used
- Understanding the importance of protecting the environment
Do it together by:
- Communicating with others effectively
- Showing how to work as a team and offering support
- Knowing how to use feedback to make improvements
Our programmes are designed to help our chefs evolve from chef to Kitchen manager and beyond. You can complete as many of the apprenticeship programmes in order as you like. It is also up to you to decide on how quickly or slowly you would like this to happen. If you start with us as a chef and then want to gain some Front of house experience this is also an option - the pathway can be as flexible as you want.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and listening
- Able to follow instruction and direction clearly
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Coachable, reflective and open to feedback
- Resilient and adaptable
Commis Chef Apprenticeship - Level 2
You will have a dedicated industry expert to
guide and coach you through components of
your programme and you’ll experience a range
of different learning opportunities.
- Meetings with your dedicated trainer
- Interactive Online Workshops
- Self-guided research
- On-job instruction
- Peer to peer mentoring
- Personal development planning
- Manager progress reviews