PLEASE NOTE WAGE ADVERTISED IS FOR 16-17 YEAR OLDS. NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE FOR AGE IS PAID.
Training as Commis chef working towards a level 2 qualification, youll be involved in all aspects of the daily kitchen routine. Initially you'll work closely with other chefs to help build your confidence within a new environment and to ensure your safety, as you become confident in your abilities and using your new found skills you'll begin to run your own areas within the kitchen.
Duties will include:
- At all times ensuring the Health & Safety of yourself & othersliliEnsure Food safety in line with current legislation
- Taking instruction from senior chefs
- Ingredient preparation
- Cooking of ingredients using various different cooking methods & techniques
- Plating and presentation of food
- Portion & stock control
As the right candidate develops and becomes a competent Commis Chef there are then opportunities for progression within the business.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to listen & retain information
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Willingness to learn and follow instruction
- Excellent time keeping skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated & hardworking
- A desire to always do your best
There are no prior qualifications required for this role.
- Level 2 Commis Chef Standard Function skills (maths and English) if required