Commis Chef Apprenticeship
Hotel Cafe Royal
WESTMINSTER KINGSWAY COLLEGE
As a Commis Chef you will become part of a special culinary team that requires dedication, passion and knowledge of products to ensure the preparation and production of our highly specialised menu items. You’ll support a dedicated section of the kitchen under the guidance of a Chef de Partie with the opportunity to showcase your knowledge, skill and creativity.
Duties will include:
- Daily sourcing and ordering of quality ingredients
- Stock control
- Ensuring food hygiene standards are maintained to the highest level
- A selected team of culinary professionals will be available to train and guide you through your career with us
- Working as part of a large kitchen you will demonstrate a flexible and adaptive approach in order to support our other talented culinary professionals
With access to London's newest and most modern kitchen facilities, you’ll showcase knowledge, skill and creativity for combining and working with quality British and international ingredients in front of your peers and colleagues. This position requires commitment to the culinary craft, ability to learn and the right understanding to deal with colours, textures and high quality products. You will practice your skill and perfect your art and establish yourself as the front runner in all things culinary.
Progression within your job role and organisation with the potential to complete further Apprenticeships and training relevant to your role as you progress.
Please research the employer prior to applying for the vacancy. Please consider your commute in terms of time and cost. The position will require working shifts and rota which will include weekends. You will be working in a fast paced kitchen and will be required to physically meet the demands of the job.
- Excellent personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible to the needs of the job/industry
- Willing to learn
- A strong interest in food - preparing and cooking ingredients
- Excellent organisational skills
- Motivation is key
- GCSE English and maths grades A-D/3-9 (or equivalent) preferable
- GCSE Cookery/Food Tech desirable
- On the job training 4 days a week and also 1 day a week at Westminster Kingsway College
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills English and maths at Level 1, progressing to Level 2
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.