Commis Chef Apprenticeship
Barton Inns Ltd
BLACKPOOL AND THE FYLDE COLLEGE
Interested in becoming a Chef? This vacancy will give you the opportunity to train and learn all aspects of preparing and cooking food for customers:
- Preparing attractive menus to nutritional standards
- Controlling and ordering stock and inspecting it on delivery
- Gutting and preparing animals and fish for cooking
- Scraping and washing large quantities of vegetables and salads
- Cooking and presenting food creatively
- Monitoring production to maintain quality and consistent portion sizes
- Working under pressure to make sure food is served on time
- Keeping to hygiene, health and safety and licensing rules
Potential to rise through the ranks in the kitchen from Commis Chef to running your own sections as a Chef de Partie, running the whole kitchen as Sous Chef and eventually managing the site and team as Head Chef.
Opportunity to further your career in a successful, vibrant company working alongside some of the highest skilled Chefs in the county.
Once you have submitted your application, you will need to complete college initial assessments and provide a CV before we can progress your application. You will be sent an email requesting this. Please note that Blackpool and The Fylde College offer CV building sessions should you wish to use this facility.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Previous experience of working in a kitchen environment would be beneficial but not essential
- A good customer service focus with the motivation to achieve high service levels
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- The ability to work in a high pressured environment
- We're looking for hardworking individuals who have a passion for creating well presented food
- You'll be enthusiastic team players who thrive in a high pressure environment
No formal qualifications required.
- Level 2 Professional Cookery
- Technical Certificate Level 2 in Professional Cookery
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English and maths
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.