Commis Chef Apprenticeship
The Landmark London
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of The Landmark Hotel. Are you driven, focused and passionate about being at the heart and soul of the hotel? The Landmark London can offer much more than just a job. Do not hesitate to apply today and join the team!
The Landmark Hotel currently have an exciting opportunity for Apprentices who aspire for a career as a professional Chef, to join their Kitchen team and enroll on a 12-month programme. This fantastic opportunity will help you to achieve your qualification while working for a leading 5* hotel with a talented and enthusiastic team, where you will gain a Commis Chef Level 2 Standard Apprenticeship.
The Landmark's aim is to be an independent hotel driven by quality and the highest standards of individual hospitality and service. To achieve this, you need to be driven, passionate, to believe in their vision, and to be excited about the journey they've started.
You are the heart and soul of the hotel and it’s you that will make the hotel so special. The Landmark recognise that employees at all levels need to be empowered and engaged to be able to deliver memorable moments to their internal and external guests.
The Landmark want you to feel valued, so as well as investing in the hotel, they have committed to investing in you and your long-term career development. Because The Landmark London believe they can offer much more than just a job.
It is your chance to be part of something truly special.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- To carry out all tasks as directed by your immediate supervisor/manager and to assist in any other areas or duties within the kitchen/ hotel upon request
- To take ownership that you are aware of your scheduled working hours (subject to change) and work to them on a weekly basis
- To take ownership that you are aware of your scheduled academy attendance and attend classes as required
- To take ownership that all apprenticeship tasks is up to date at all times and to make detailed notes of all new tasks performed in the workplace on a daily basis. And submit to your sous chef weekly
- To work as an individual and as part of a team by assisting in the preparation of mise-en-place and service for the section/department
- Complete a mise-en-place list for your daily tasks in order of priority and check with your supervisor prior to commencing work
- To cook and present food to the correct standard as outlined in the outlet menu manual and as per standards recommended by Leading Hotels of The World
- To take ownership on correct portion control and that wastage is kept to a minimum and to ensure that correct stock rotation is evident within the section
- To take ownership for kitchen cleanliness at all times. To take care of your uniform, your personal appearance and hygiene in accordance with hotel policy and procedure
- To assist with any duties as assigned by the Chef de Partie
Other Duties and responsibilities:
- To maintain good working relations with your team and all other members of staff in the kitchen
- To attend all mandatory training shows
- To comply and be aware of the hotel fire and emergency procedures
- To be aware and to ensure personal compliance with all hotel Health & Safety procedures
- To hold a valid basic Food Hygiene certificate and to work to the procedures as stated in the Landmark food safety manual
In return for your work and dedication, we offer a fantastic package of benefits:
- Starting salary will be £16,500 p.a.
- Gratuity will be earned in addition to your salary
- 28 Paid holidays, including Bank Holidays
- Uniform and safety shoes provided
- 50% discount in our outlets (including sister properties) and discounted accommodation in our hotel and sister properties for team members, friends and family
- Life assurance cover
- Recommend a Friend bonus
- Fitness Centres discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
At The Landmark London, they are as committed to their team as they are to providing guests with the highest personal care and attention. Continuous improvement is one of the key company behaviours and is ingrained within their culture. The Landmark are strong believers in investing in our team members’ personal and career development. As a learning organisation they work very closely with many institutions to allow our team members to grow and develop.
Shifts will vary to meet demands. Typically shifts may look be:
- Breakfast 5.30am - 6.00am start and a 2.30pm - 3.00 finish
- Dinner 8.00am - 9.00am start and a 4.30pm - 5.30pm finish
- Evening 4.00pm - 4.30pm start and a 11.00ap - 11.30pm finish
The ideal candidate for the Apprenticeship wants to:
- Embraces new ideas and change in a positive manner
- Work well with others in a team
- Recognise the need to assist colleagues within busy and challenging periods
It is essential to have a positive, 'can do' attitude, a willingness to learn and great attention to detail. As an Apprentice, you will be working with a dedicated and passionate kitchen team.
No formal qualifications required although a good level English and numeracy would be a distinct advantage.
Intermediate Commis chef standard.
During the Apprenticeship you will be supported by the Chef Academy Manager who will coach, mentor and evaluate your skills and knowledge on-site throughout the year.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.