Excellent Apprentice Starting Wage! £8.36 per hour Apply Today!!
We are looking for a Commis Chef Apprentice who is passionate about food and ready to embark on a career as a Marriott Chef. Are you able to work within a team and have the passion and drive to learn new skills within a busy 4 star hotel kitchen?
Culinary Apprentices at our Marriott Hotels & Country Clubs enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests & events including weddings, golf, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
We offer our associates:
- Competitive pay for every hour worked plus potential gratuities
- Meals on duty
- Leisure membership at the hotel
- Global hotel room discounts for Marriott and it’s brands
- Worldwide food and drink discounts
- An attractive long service programme
- Complimentary uniform
- Inclusive car parking
As a Commis Chef, you will be required to:
- Work enthusiastically as a member of our busy kitchen team
- Undertake training & development from senior chefs
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including washing, peeling & chopping
- Maintain fridges and other food storage areas, monitoring and recording temperatures
- cook and plate food according to agreed recipes and standards of mise en place
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers in a safe manner & ensuring correctness of temperatures.
- Set-up and break down work station, washing and disinfecting kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Full training will be provided
- Accommodation available if required
- As the company is an international brand the candidate could develop through Marriott Hotels or around the world depending on the opportunities, skills and the candidate
- You may be asked to interview earlier than the closing date and start before the given start date
- This position will involve working shift work (early mornings, evenings and weekends) on a seven day weekly rota; the shifts will be approximately 8 hours each over 5 days totalling 40 hours per week
- Good communications skills
- Proactive and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Diversity in work relations
- Safety orientation
- Good timekeeping
- Well presented
- Attention to detail
- No formal qualifications required as full training will be given
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship.
Your qualification will be delivered by Babcock Training, who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer coming to visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship.