What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will be working alongside a highly qualified experienced chef learning all aspects of the role which will include:
- Preparing food
- Kitchen hygiene
- All aspects of health and safety within the kitchen
- Support in designing new menu's depending on seasons
- Event catering
- Themed nights and launch evenings
- All parts of the commis chef apprenticeship
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will be working towards the Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship, and this will include
- Work based learning at Came Down Golf Course
- Training and support from an apprenticeship training coordinator from Weymouth College
- Attending college once a week for training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression onto the Senior Chef Production Cooking standards or the Chef De Partie standards apprenticeships.
Reality CheckYou MUST be prepared to commit to your work and training for the duration of the apprenticeship. You will be required to attend an interview and assessment at Weymouth College prior to your application being passed on. If a suitable candidate is found prior to the advertised closing date, it may close earlier so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Skills RequiredOrganisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative, Career within catering
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 9-4) Essential