- Produce all necessary food for all foodservice operations in the correct time frame as required and instructed by the Sous Chef or Chef de Partie.
- To learn the ordering of food for his/her section of the kitchen.
- Maintaining quality and quantity control in all aspects, from portion control to freshness of the product presented.
- Ensure that the cleaning of the kitchen and staff food service areas is to the agreed standard.
- To achieve maximum sales for the hotel business plan, by accommodating any events that requires food and beverage.
- Cover sickness, and follow policies on absenteeism for the whole team.
- To understand and comply with food hygiene regulations.
- To follow Health and Safety Policies and Procedures in every aspect and to be COSSH trained.
- To be trained to the approved system if not already qualified.
- To ensure that all equipment is clean and in good working order.
- To be appropriately dressed and look professional.
- To ensure and enforce personal hygiene.
- To follow all Health and Safety regulations.
- Ensure all house rules are adhered to in all departments at all times.
- To be aware of and act in accordance with Fire Safety Procedures at all times.
- To attend all statutory training as required by the company.
- To carry out any reasonable requests made by a member of the management team.
If successful in apprenticeship, potential recruitment for the role will be considered.
Basic cooking skills are not essential but would be advantageous.
- To be honest, trustworthy, tolerant, and punctual
- To be self-motivated and willing to learn
None required, but GCSE English and Maths may be desirable.
- Level 2 Commis Chef
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Commis Chef Academy Workshops
- Full inhouse training provided