- An apprentice helps a chef prepare and cook dishes while training to be a full-time chef
- They would also oversee food supplies in refrigerators and storerooms, cleaning when necessary
- Learning the preparation and presentation of our starters and desserts
- Apprentices would gain a broad knowledge of food and an understanding of the working kitchen
- Great knowledge of the menus (including a variety of theme night menus) and how the restaurant service works
- They would liaison with the chefs and restaurant staff to provide a high standard of professional cooking
- Apprentices would develop their own knowledge about recipes and cook some quite unusual dishes which they may not have previous experience with
Full-time work as a Commis Chef with potential to progress to a Sous chef.
- Good communication skills
- Looking for a confident, reliable and enthusiastic individual with a willingness to learn and able to work both within a team and on their own
None required; however, English and maths will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills Level 1
- Allergen understanding and online allergen course to complete