Working in a team of chefs to produce meals to meet the demands and expectations of our customers. Producing quality meals, bakery items and light snacks from raw ingredients. Salad and veg prep. Maintaining cleanliness. Opening kitchen, closing kitchen. Developing knife skills, food prep skills, preparing meals, supporting chefs during meal production times.
List of duties to include:
- Checking food deliveries
- Storing, rotating, temperature checking
- Informing other chefs of problems with raw material out of stocks and quality issues
- Food prep
- Meal production
- Cleaning down
- Commenting on menu development
Tea on the Green is a fun, and industrious place to work. Our aim is for an apprentice to become a fulltime colleague working up the hierarchy in our kitchen.
Basic kitchen skills preferred.
Enthusiasm, energy, attention to detail.
Maths and English GCSE, grade C/4 (or equivalent). If you do not have these qualifications our team will support you to gain these skills alongside your apprenticeship.
You will work towards achieving the following:
- Certification of Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (where applicable)