We are looking for an eager apprentice to join our team, to show a keen willingness to learn and a passion for the catering industry. We will impart our knowledge & teach the candidate the intricacies of creating delicious and creative food.
The primary objective of your role is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. Therefore having the opportunity to experience, consider and value each section.
Whilst the role is predominately hands-on with preparation, cooking and serving elements, you will also have to learn and understand the importance of the wider kitchen functions.
With this in mind, you will study the following elements as part of your apprenticeship:
- Food Safety
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Food Preparation and service
- Working alongside the Head Chef
- Ordering produce
- The right candidate will have the opportunity to work up to Chef de Partie and progress onto the Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Previous experience not necessary as full training will be given
- Hard working
- A passion for food
- Team player
- Friendly and polite
- Maths and English GCSE, grade C/4 (or equivalent)
- If you do not hold these qualifications, our team will support you to gain these skills alongside your apprenticeship
Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- End Point Assesseent
- If required: Functional Skills (English, maths)