Due to the current and on-going health crisis, applications may not be reviewed till we are in a position to reopen and begin trading again. We would like to recruit for our apprentice position but we must consider business stability and also the safety of our staff and customers. If you are interested in this role, please apply and we will review your application as and when we can.
We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore a career with us.
- You’ll help to keep a kitchen running smoothly by making sure everything is clean, tidy, safe and hygienic
Your day-to-day duties could include:
- Preparing and carrying out basic cooking tasks with high standards, under supervision
- Unloading deliveries
- Organizing the storeroom
- Collecting and washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery
- Getting pots, pans plates and cutlery back into use quickly
- Washing and disinfecting kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Making sure kitchen equipment is properly stored
- Removing and recycling waste from the kitchen
Progression opportunities within the company are available to the right candidate. Furthermore, training and professional development opportunities are available free of charge to those who wish to progress within the company.
Before applying for this amazing opportunity, please consider how you will travel to and from The Lord Haldon Hotel.
Perks you deserve
We’ll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Team-spirited co-workers
- Encouraging management
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on hotel rooms and food
We are looking for someone who possesses the following skills;
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to follow instruction
- Attention to detail
- Great customer service skills
- High standard of personal hygene
- Fast learner
We want to employ someone who;
- Enjoys a challenge
- Wants to progress within a very reputable company
- Enjoys working in the Catering sector
- Is passionate, dependable, reliable and above all, professional
- Has a passion for food and cooking
- Can work independently but also works well as part of a team
Learners ideally need to have maths and English GCSE or equivalent at grade C/4
Exeter College also offers a Traineeship route for applicants who do not meet the entry requirements.
- Commis Chef Level 2
- Functional skills if required