Commis Chef Apprentice - Intermediate (Level 2)
The Cridford Inn
Hit Training Ltd
We are currently recruiting for a Commis Chefs to join our kitchen team at the Cridford Inn, to assist in creating wonderful dishes inspired by local and seasonal products. We are looking for a passionate staff who have a love for food.
The ideal candidate will work well in a close-knit team and be a pro-active individual that is willing to learn and
develop their current skills, as well as being dedicated to preparing a high standard of food.
The job role includes:
- Preparing and cooking ingredients necessary and assisting in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the Head Chef
- Maintaining high levels of service
- Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation
- Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage
- Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Learning skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them
- Complying with all company policies and procedures and all statutory regulations and food hygiene policies
- Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef
The working week will be 30 hours per week and include weekends and evenings as required.
Continuation of employment within the company. Potential salary increases dependent on performance.
This is a remote location and you will need transport or live locally.
- Self-motivated and proactive approach
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work under high pressured situations
- Great communication skills
- Able to work under an follow instruction
GCSE or equivalent passes in maths and English are preferred but not essential and will be assessed at enrolment.
Training ProvidedYou will be trained and supported in order to understand and be competent in various areas of the job to complete your apprenticeship modules.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.