Commis Chef Apprentice - Intermediate (Level 2)
Eypes Mouth Country Hotel
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Commis Chef
at Eype’s Mouth Country Hotel.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Commis Chef Apprentice to become part of the kitchen team. The position of Commis Chef will involve working in all sections of the kitchen where you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities and expand on existing skills.
As part of the role of Commis Chef you will be expected to support a working environment which promotes a positive attitude, pride and good morale whilst ensuring high standards of quality control, handling and storage of commodities to current legislation.
This is a great opportunity for someone to progress and develop their career. We are looking for a Commis Chef who has a passion for food preparation who is a team player with a positive, enthusiastic attitude and a willingness to learn.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting other chefs in the kitchen.
- Supporting all sections of the kitchen
- Helping with deliveries
- Measuring ingredients
- Preparing vegetables and meats
- Assisting with stock rotation
- Training and learning
- Cleaning stations
This Apprenticeship is delivered in partnership with Exeter College and you will attend College one day a week (term time only). During your Apprenticeship, you will complete theoretical and practical elements in the following topics:
- Food Safety
This will support you in understanding the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours of the role of a Commis Chef.
- There are many opportunities to progress within our kitchen
- For the right candidate, progression onto the Level 3 Chef de Partie Apprenticeship will be considered
- Please consider how you will travel to and from Eypes Mouth Country Hotel and Exeter College
- No previous cooking skills are required as everything will be taught
- Good communicator and willing to listen to advice
- Impeccable time keeping
- Hard working
- Eager to learn
- General interest in cooking and food
- Dedicated and loyal
- Maths and English GCSE, grade C/4 (or equivalent
- If you do not meet the entry criteria, our team will support you to gain these skills alongside your apprenticeship
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- Certification of Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (where applicable)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.