Commis Chef Apprentice - Intermediate (Level 2)
Green Tree Court
If you are a hardworking individual with a passion for food, our award-winning kitchen is the perfect place to work. We pride ourselves in using fresh, local ingredients and we are looking for someone who shares this passion.
Here at Green Tree Court, we prepare and serve all dishes to order. We run our food service like a fine dining restaurant with a full front of house team. Our a la carte 3-3-3 menu changes every day in line with local seasonal produce.
For the right applicant, Green Tree Court is a great start in your career with flexible hours and great opportunities to progress within the company.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation, cooking and attractive presentation of all meals. The majority of dishes will be made in house and home baked products should be available daily for residents and visitors to the home
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained within the kitchen at all times
- Keep stock secure at all times, store appropriately, avoid unnecessary wastage and deterioration of foodstuffs
- Uphold a level expected of their role, in food handling, use all equipment, food storage, personal hygiene, and food preparation serving and keeping the required company records
- Ensure equipment is used appropriately and its designed use. Report any equipment defects and withdraw from use immediately
- Comply with company policy in terms of Food Safety and Health and Safety, completing and storing all records outlined in the Assured Safe Catering policy
- Maintain and implement company procedures and processes as appropriate
*Salary will vary based on experience, prior qualifications and age.
This will be discussed at interview.
Upon successful completion of the Commis Chef Apprenticeship, an opportunity to progress within the kitchen or a full-time position may be available.
Furthermore, you will also be able to progress onto the Level 3 Chef de Partie Apprenticeship.
- Great communication and listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Passionate about food
- Team player
GCSE in English and maths at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent).
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- Certification of Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (If required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.