Commis Chef Apprentice - Intermediate (Level 2)
UNIVERSITY OF DERBY
Getting involved with all aspects of kitchen duties, such as;
- Preparation of meat, fish or vegetable dishes
- Preparation of special menu items
- Assisting with creating menus for special occasions such as Mother’s Day, Christmas etc
- Stock management
- Clean down during and after service
- Ensuring high levels of hygiene at all times
- Any other duties that befit your position within the business
There is a possibility for permanent employment on completion of your apprenticeship.
Please consider how you will get to work each day.
You will be working evenings, weekends & bank holidays on a rota basis.
You will need to complete your Food safety certificate, the college will support you in completing thios certificate if you do not already have it.
- A passion for cooking is a must
- Basic knife skills would be advantageous
- An understanding of kitchen hygiene
- A team player
- The ability to listen to your peers
- Organised and reliable
- You should have a good standard of maths & English, ideally grade C/4 or above
- You may be able to study functional skills qualifications alongside your apprenticeship if you do not have the above GCSE grades
- Commis Chef Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills maths and English qualifications, if required, maybe studied alongside this apprenticeship dependant on individual circumstances
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.