- To assist with the planning, delivery and review of the Trust’s commercial projects, events and festivals
- Work with internal and external stakeholders such as partners, suppliers and service providers to create safe and entertaining commercial events
- Attend external meetings and take minutes
- Research event spaces and suppliers
- Support artists and producers during site visits
- Record and report expenditure against allocated budgets
- Complete a range of tasks at events such as registering delegates, signing in artists and supporting the production team
- To commit to personal training and development, including work towards achieving a Level 3 apprenticeship standard during your time with the Trust
- General support and administration as required
- To ensure that the health and wellbeing of colleagues, partners and participants are always a key consideration of your work
- To work flexibly as a member of the Coventry 2021 team and contribute to delivering other elements of the wider team’s work programme as required
- Actively engage with the organisation’s vision and policies regarding equal opportunities and diversity, artistic ambition, participation and engagement, health and safety, monitoring and evaluation
- To be aware of, and undertake to comply with the Trust’s GDPR, Health and Safety and Diversity and Equality Policies
Potential full time position after apprenticeship is complete
We aim to reflect all the city’s communities in our workforce and as such candidates from currently under-represented groups, including those with disabilities, are especially encouraged to apply.
Training and talent development within the Trust team and within the wider sector is central to our approach. All postholders are expected to participate in training and development activity (including the achievement of the requirements of an apprenticeship standard).
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and team members will be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required.
- Great work ethic
- Demonstrable interest in gaining knowledge, skills and experience in the role
- A desire to work towards gaining an Events Assistant qualification
- A keen interest in playing a part in Coventry’s City of Culture 2021
A grade 4 or equivalent in maths and English GCSE
- Level 3 Event Assistant