The successful candidate will join a small, friendly team as part of the Commercial Desk Team. They arrange for the transport of freight by air across the world.
Along with working, you'll undertake a Customer Service Specialist Level 3 qualification through the apprenticeship programme.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Process quotations received from all customers including upselling (products) and cross selling (carriers) with a view to increasing the company revenues
- Collect information on potential shipments to ensure you propose the right product to fit the needs of the shipment
- Proactively call customers with a view to selling short term available capacity
- Record results of proactive calling and feed any pricing information you collect to the Pricing team
- Use all means of communication and select customers favourite communication channel to ensure a good realisation of quotations
- Ensure timely follow-up and proactive approach towards quotations
- Build maintain and protect an excellent rapport and relationship with the customer
Pre-sales - Information Distribution:
- Provide the following information to Customers in order to meet their business needs
- Post flights, Schedules, Available Capacity, Rate Information (i.e. customer has contract rate in place and wants to know what the level is), Product information (i.e. what are the benefits and features of each product)
Bookings / Order Taking:
- Process bookings accurately, modify and cancel bookings
- Build, maintain and protect an excellent relationship and rapport with customers by using all available means of communication i.e. email, telephone calls and customer visits
- Follow correct order taking procedures
Tracking and Tracing:
- Provide shipment status information to the Customer when required/requested
- Inform the customer regarding irregularities with their shipments and offer solutions to resolve issues
- Provide customers with written reports when discrepancies arise
- Handle and record complaints from Customers
- Create incident reports if necessary and monitor irregularities together with Service Desk for further follow-up and action
Back Office Administration:
- Action Import and Export invoice rejection reports, ensuring the client is invoiced as required
- Manage the control and opening of credit facilities (accounts) requesting all necessary information such as bank guarantees, business references, etc
There may be opportunities within the business on completion of the apprenticeship.
This is a fixed term contract of 13 months, the length of the apprenticeship and there may be opportunities within the business on completion. This role is based close to Heathrow Terminal 4. Nearest tube is Hatton Cross and a shuttle bus runs from there to the office. 23 days annual leave and facilities for socialising available at work, including a canteen and table tennis table. Parking is also available.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- A great team player with the ability to talk confidently on the phone to customers as this role involves an element of selling
- You'll be organised and have good attention to detail
- Good skills in Word and Excel are required
- You'll need a great attitude to work and a willingness to learn
GCSE grades A - C in English and Maths (or the equivalent) are required.
The qualification is aimed at individuals more advanced in their interpersonal skills and with experience of working with customers.
The Customer Service Specialist Level 3 qualification will include Function Skills at Level 2 unless exemptions apply.
Completion will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual membership at Professional Level.