The Commercial Broking Assistant Apprentice will primarily be dealing with telephone enquiries and referring them to the appropriate person, whilst ensuring that all communications with insurers or customers are accurately recorded on file, or electronically, as per the firm’s usual procedures.
Other duties will include:
- Assist customers with day to day enquiries
- Inputting new business, amendments and renewals on the Acturis system to maintain accurate records, keeping hard-copy records on customer files where appropriate in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures
- Attaching correct policy wordings to certificates including any other relevant or required wording (exclusions, conditions, warranties, etc) in respect of self-issue policies
- Liaising with Insurers, other company staff and Claims Handlers when appropriate
- Progression routes within the company for the right candidate
- Further insurance exams and training offered to become a qualified Insurance Broker
- 20 days paid holiday and 8 statutory days holiday
- Free off-road parking for staff
It is essential that candidates have the ability to prioritise and organise their own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to. Being proactive is a must have.
Candidates also must:
- Have the ability to liaise with colleagues when appropriate
- Have the ability to develop and sustain relationships with customers
- Have good levels of English and have excellent written communications including letters and reports
- Be confident with effective telephone skills
- Have experience with Word, Outlook and Excel
- Have accurate data input skills
The ideal candidate will also be polite, presentable and outgoing with good interpersonal skills. It is desirable to possess a willingness to develop knowledge of insurance and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internal to the firm and externally. Candidates will ideally be able to work on their own initiative.
- GCSE maths and English grade A*-C/4-9 or Level 2 equivalent
This position is offered as an apprenticeship and you will be completing a Level 3 Business Administration qualification. You will be employed directly by the client but be supported every step of the way by PETA.
The majority of your training will be completed with your employer at your place of however, throughout the duration of the apprenticeship you will be required to attend one of our PETA training centres for off the job training.