You will spend your first year attending Make UK’s Technology Training Centre where you will learn your basic engineering skills in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering.
For the next three years of the apprenticeship you will work at Collins Aerospace, Marston Green where you will gain practical experience working directly in an operational environment within Electronics or Hydro- mechanical and learning your trade.
Job role includes:
- Engage in Continuous Improvement programs
- Gain experience through all support functions
- Work within diagnostics, engineering, Hydro-mechanical and electronics
- During your apprenticeship there is the possibility to attend college on a day release basis, gaining a HNC or Foundation Degree in Electronics or Hydro Mechanical academia.
- You will also work in-house towards an NVQ Level 3.
Following the apprenticeship the Company would be supportive of individuals who would wish to continue to study to HND or Degree level.
- Good standard of education
- Good time keeping and attendance
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- PC literate
- Enthusiastic about your development and able to work from your own initiative.
- Ability to display mutual trust and respect in adult to adult fashion.
- A desire to learn as much as you can. (About engineering manufacturing processes, both Practical & Academic areas.)
- An aspiration to do deliver your best work at all times.
- A can do attitude.
- Good attention to detail.
- 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us and Make UK, which are fully paid for, including:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)