We are seeking to employ and train 1 machining Apprentice.
You will receive broad-based training covering many aspects of Aerospace Manufacture, specialising as a craft apprentice. Following your apprenticeship, your first appointment will be as a machinist:
When onsite apprentices will work alongside trained staff to enhance their skills, putting into practise what they have learnt at Make UK.
This can range from:
- Shadowing skilled Machinists and CNC Programmers
- 5 Axis machining
- Part and tool setting
- Machine operation
- Fabrication machining
- Machine cell organisation, priorities, capacity etc.
- Continuous improvements activities
- Over 18 to allow full operation of machinery
- One or more years in industry would be very beneficial
- Apprentices will be required to comply with all ethical, environmental and safety regulations
Potential to progress into a full-time position upon completion.
You must be able to confirm your ability to travel between Make UK's training site in Birmingham and site location in Wolverhampton. Please note that this vacancy may close before the cited closing date when we have reached the required number of applications. We will be in touch once the vacancy has closed to inform you of whether you have been selected for the next stage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Possesses the necessary enthusiasm, drive and desire to succeed
- Ability to use own initiative and be part of a team
- Commitment to attending college and work
- Positive attitude
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing secto
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) which must include maths, English Language, and ideally science.
This 4 year Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Engineering Basic Skills training
- Off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In-house training in line with your requirements
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)