What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for a young enthusiastic person to join our very busy and fast paced team. The successful person will be given all of the training required to produce CNC machined parts to a very high standard using a wide range of skillsets.
The day to day duties will include the following:
- Learn how to set and operate CNC machines safety.
- Learn how to program using Cad/Cam software.
- Learn how to correctly inspect the parts made to drawings supplied.
- Learn how to read details on drawings and understand their meanings.
- Identifying materials and there attributes.
- Identifying cutting tools and understanding how they are used and why.
- Learn about Health and Safety risks within the workplace.
There are two day to day contacts within the business. Glen And James. We are both joint owners. The role is to become an integral part of the team here at Velocity. We will give everything we have to train the successful candidate in becoming the best that they can be.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering technician Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?The sky is the limit in this job role. We are looking for a candidate who wants to become a fully skilled 5 axis machine programmer once the basic training has been completed.
Reality CheckYou will be standing by a machine most of the day. A good understanding of computers would be an advantage.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Desired