CNC Machining Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
Newcastle Tool & Gauge Ltd TA: NTG Precision
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
The employer is looking for an advanced apprentice to work in a CNC engineering environment.
The role will include CNC machining. This is an exciting opportunity which will enable the apprentice to learn a real craft in a growing and exciting company.
The apprentice will shadow a skilled worker and be involved in day to day activities, using milling and turning machines.
The apprentices would learn how to:
- Use lathes for turning operations
- Use milling machines
- Use CNC machine tool programs
This is an ideal position for someone who is direct and who wants to pursue a long term career within the engineering industry.
As a Tyne North Training apprentice you will benefit from our unique funding packages. This apprenticeship will lead to a bespoke, unique skill.
A candidate’s successful application will lead to an aptitude test and interview with Tyne North Training and a possible interview with the prospective employer.
- Willingness to learn and have a positive attitude
- Good timekeeping
- The ability to take on board information in a variety of formats
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and team leaders
- Have a proven interest in the working environment and want an apprenticeship
The candidate must have GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade C or above including Maths and English Language.
Please note that Level 2 adult literacy and Level 2 adult numeracy will not be accepted. This is due to the apprenticeship awarding body’s requirements.
The advanced apprenticeship is typically a 42 month programme.
The successful candidate will work towards and complete the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Machinist (Development Competence)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.