CNC Machining Apprentice
Batchflow Engineering Ltd
MIDLAND GROUP TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Interested in starting your engineering career with a Precision Engineering company supplying the Motor Sport, Defence and Automotive Sectors? This could be the perfect role for you.
This is a 42 month apprenticeship resulting in a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering. The first year will be spent at Midland Group Training Services in Redditch learning core practical and theoretical elements of the role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To complete a programme of training to be conducted within the Company’s Machining department
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of machine tools including, but not restricted to, conventional and CNC turning, milling and grinding
- Fitting and assembly skills including the use of hand tools
- Produce machined parts by setting up and operating a CNC machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, maintaining equipment and supplies
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs
- To actively participate in your own development plan - this will be agreed with the line manager and the assessor from the training provider
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there will be an opportunity to become a full-time CNC Machinist.
The first year of training is at MGTS in Redditch (B98 8NN) so travel is essential. Mon - Thu 08:00 - 16:00, Fri 08:00 - 12:00.
This role is mainly manufacturing small-medium sized production jobs, so repetition of product can be a major factor, depending on the size of the job.
- Computer literate
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to train and learn new skills
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Determination to succeed
We are seeking applications from candidates who have, or are predicted to gain, 5 GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications). Grades must be A*-C / 9-5 for Maths and A*-C / 9-4 for English, Science and two other subjects.
Training to be provided:
- Advanced Level Engineering Manufacture Apprenticeship Framework
- Level 2 Units x 10 to be achieved in first year
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining
- Functional Skills, if required
- Equality & Diversity
- IOSH Working Safely
- LEAN Manufacturing
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering - Machining
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.