What will the apprentice be doing?
- Monitoring and reviewing the findings reported by the adopted cloud security posture management solution.
- Looking for misconfigurations based on researching of cloud services.
- Proposing remediations for security findings engaging with other teams, where needed.
- Contributing to cloud security posture enhancements by developing code, where needed.
- Occasionally contributing to performing physical infrastructure security assessments.
- The successful applicant will be expected to review findings on our Cloud Security Posture Management solution and together with senior Cloud Security Engineers contribute to findings remediation, contribute to the development of preventative and detective controls for the Rothesay cloud platform.
- Engaging the Quest team as well as engineering and software development teams to support secure configuration and deployment of services within the Cloud and enterprise infrastructure.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Why choose our Cyber Security Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship?
The Cyber Security Engineer apprentice can help to design, build and test secure networks, security products or systems to help protect your organisation against cyber threats.
QA is a market leader in cyber security training, with a state-of-the-art immersive cyber gamified learning, giving apprentices a hands-on learning experience in simulating a real cyber threat.
QA's exclusive partnership with Circadence Corporation, the pioneer of the hands-on gamified learning platform Project Ares®, allows us to uniquely incorporate hands-on scenario training into our cyber security apprenticeships. The Project Ares platform offers a totally immersive experience, using automated features to support skills adoption with an in-game advisor, Athena, who advises our players through scenario-based challenges. The platform scenarios replicate the unpredictability and escalating levels of complexity that cyberattacks can present. It drives high levels of engagement through leaderboards and badges, elements used widely in the gaming world.
QA’s Cyber Security Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills in a safe, but realistic environment
- Apply all of the acquired skills throughout the programme, with added scoring of players and opponent actions with replay for object assessment
- Take part in hands-on training and active-learning models that increase retention rates by 75% so that cyber apprentices can prepare for real-world challenges
Tools and technologies learned
Apprentices will learn to use Project Ares, Python, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft PowerShell, Linux and AWS.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time role will be available on successful completion for the right candidate. This is a chance to start your career in a coveted area of Financial services.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredInterest in security, Interest in cloud technologies, Able to learn new technologies, Understanding of coding, Familiar with scripting basics
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 4+ (A - C)) Essential
Other UCAS points (Grade 120 points) Essential