The care and support of individuals with learning disabilities, including administration duties.
Your daily duties will include but not be limited to:
- Follow each service users care plan at all times
- To treat each service user with dignity and respect
- Safely provide compassionate care and support
- Give non-discriminatory care and support
- To safely use any aids and equipment in a manner that respects dignity
- To support a service user with long term care
- To liaise with community health support and family members
- Attend training, appraisals, developmental meetings and team meetings
- To maintain a smart appearance
- To provide a care to service users to enable them to lead as independent a lifestyle as possible.
This care service will involve a programme of personal care and household management that is personalised for each service user in the form of a Care Plan. Care duties will therefore include assisting the service user with the following activities and in so doing will at all times observe and respect the service users’ dignity, privacy and independence as far as practical
- Dressing and undressing/preparing the service user for Day Care or trips out
- Washing/bathing/showering/shaving/grooming/cleaning teeth
- Haircare (washing/brushing)
- Nailcare (fingernails only)
- Toileting and all aspects of personal hygiene
- Continence management
- Getting in and out of bed
- Assisting with the use of Aids to Daily Living as required
Assisting the service user to take prescribed medication
Assisting with feeding, as required
To conform to all Policies and Procedures laid down by the organisation in respect of carrying out these Care Duties and in other administrative aspects of the business, as relevant
To participate as directed by the Managing Director/Registered Manager in Induction Training and regular In-service Training programmes
To participate in Staff, Team and Quality Management Review Meetings as directed by the Managing Director/ Registered Manager
To report back to the Managing Director/ Registered Manager on any aspect of service user care which he/she feels warrants investigation or urgent action
To participate in reviews of service users’ Care Plans as required
To be aware of the tasks and activities which must NOT be undertaken as part of care duties
Record and report all relevant service user information following company policies and procedures relating to documentation
Record and report all relevant changes that are observed
- Regular Activities
- Small, friendly team
- Full training given
Working hours are 12 hour shifts, 7:45am - 7:45pm
Applicants must be aged 18+, due to the nature of the apprenticeship
Future ProspectsOngoing training and development opportunities available.
Reality CheckDue to the nature of this apprenticeship, candidates must be aged 18+.
Skills RequiredExcellent communication skills
Qualifications RequiredNo previous qualifications required.
Training ProvidedParagon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 12 month apprenticeship, you will have gained: Level 2 Adult Care Worker