Not just any Customer Service Apprenticeship. You will be working in a busy GP Surgery undertaking a variety of varied Customer Service and Administrative duties as well as dealing with patients and stakeholders.
Birchington Medical Centre, a caring and friendly GP practice are looking for a Clinical Administration Apprentice to join our growing team at a very exciting time. We are developing and growing as a practice and would like a Clinical Administration apprentice to become part of that journey.
This is a great opportunity for someone to really develop their customer service skills and really understand the full cycle of a good patient service.
- Support the reception team to receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
- Answering the telephone in a timely & professional manner
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Booking appointments appropriately and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional, to include message taking
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- To monitor SAS emails/booking SAS patient appointments/Liaising with SAS/arranging security
- To manage EMIS workflow/Docman in a timely manner
- To monitor the incoming E-Consult messages booking an appropriate appointment or directing to the most appropriate department
Supporting the Administration Team:
- Typing up tape/tasks from clinicians
- Chase test appointments and results from local hospitals
- Monitoring the medical secretaires emails and action and or raise anything urgent
- General duties, such as scanning, photocopying, printing and distribution of post
- To read and have a thorough knowledge of all practice procedures
- To work in accordance with written protocols
- Process outgoing mail created by the reception team
- Computer data entry/allocation and collation; process and record information in accordance with practice procedures
- Maintain stationary levels, making and orders as necessary
- Any other administrative duties as needed
- Potential for full time employment for the right candidate
- There are opportunities to progress from a Level 2 to a Level 3 qualification
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part time positions
- The Qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the Apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
***THE EMPLOYER HAS ASKED THAT YOU DO NOT CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY. DOING SO COULD JEOPARDISE YOUR APPLICATION***
If you do not meet the criteria for this position, your application will not be considered.
We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date.
You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst awaiting for your first wages to be paid.
- Good level of IT skills
- Pro-active approach to problem solving
- Works well as part of a team
- organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise daily workload
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Friendly and positive can-do attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Able to manage sensitive and emotive situations
- Flexible and helpful approach to work
- MS Office Proficiency
GCSE maths & English Grade C/4, above or equivalent.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Intermediate Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.