What you’ll do:
- Work with senior bankers on new business origination activities in partnership with key stakeholders
- Develop an understanding of industry trends and client analysis
- Project work including pitch books and sector research
Alongside classroom and on-the-desk learning, including those that will develop your communication and presentation skills, your day-to-day responsibilities will mean you’ll be contributing to the business from the outset. Mentors, peers and stakeholders will support you as you navigate the organisation with senior stakeholder engagement sessions and events to truly immerse you into the global Standard Chartered Bank network.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you may be offered a full-time position in the Client Coverage business.
If you’re looking for a career with purpose and want to work for a bank making a difference, we’d love to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring. Join us and help shape our future, be on the frontier of banking and open a world of possibilities for yourself.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Hard working, resilient, with a drive to learn
- Able to build strong relationships and with good communication skills
- Reliable and able to work under pressure
- Has a curious and proactive approach with an open mindset
- Logical and an interest in understanding and analysing data
We’re looking for potential, not academics, which means we won’t look at your grades, but we’d like to see that you’re committed to your learning and development beyond your GCSEs or equivalents, which could be through traditional education, but doesn’t have to be.
What you’ll gain
- The Level 4 Investment Operations Specialist Apprenticeship with a focus on investment management, investment consulting, trading and reporting activities
- Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment - Investment Operations Certificate
- Broad knowledge of Client Coverage including trade facilitation and capital and investment flows in and for our footprint
- Experience of working with some of the most influential local and global corporates, guiding clients through our products and solutions