The Claims Handling Team provides an outsourced managed claims service handling professional indemnity schemes on behalf of leading insurers. The team provided significant value to the wider RPC law firm through the provision of referrals and is an important aspect of the firm’s insurance business and future strategy.
The desire is to build the team and proactively expand the scope of its fixed fee work across claims handling schemes and books of defendant PI work, by obtaining new business and contracts, whilst also consolidating and strengthening the relationships with our existing clients.
Working with the Administration Team Leader, Claims Handling Administrators and other team members, you will be responsible for a technical and efficient delivery of service. Collectively, you will be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future, embedding principles of lean and efficient working, and establishing the culture, values and behaviours that make for an attractive and varied legal career.
Duties will include:
- Opening new matters and inputting data into the claims management system
- Sending acknowledgments
- Conducting conflict searches
- Assisting with diary management
- Ensuring that all basic administrative tasks are completed accurately and timely, i.e. filing, scanning, making / receiving telephone calls, dealing with enquiries etc.
- Dealing with financial matters, for example arranging and processing payments, dealing with billing and accounts queries, recording and updating financial information etc.
- Capturing and collating required Management Information – for performance management, client reporting, Service Level Agreements etc.
- Liaising with insurers and brokers to request full policy information
- Ensuring policies, proposal forms and schedules are properly filed
- Management of centralised mailboxes
- File closure
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
Successful completion of the apprenticeship would result in the apprentice receiving Level 3 accreditation in Business Administration. At this stage, we envisage there will be opportunities to work in the Claims Handling team as an Administrator.
- Annual Salary: £15,000 (£15,500 in year two)
- 25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period)
- Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice)
- Income protection
- Discretionary bonuses
- My Family Care
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee bar
- Enhanced family leave
- Access to a range of special firm discounts
- Eye tests
- Bike racks, lockers and shower rooms
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Giving via payroll for tax-free donations to charity
- Execute tasks reliably, consistently, efficiently. Deliver work on time and in accordance with agreed objectives and client SLAs, keeping team members and managers updated on progress. Alert them in plenty of time if you anticipate problems meeting deadlines
- Be clear as to your own workload and responsibilities and develop the ability to assess accurately the time needed to perform tasks. Be adaptable and willing to re-prioritise tasks when something unexpected comes up
- Be organised and able to multi-task. Pay attention to detail and take pride in accurate work. Think ahead and alert people to issues they may not have considered
- Demonstrate behaviours that reflect common values, such as integrity, openness, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork and energy
- A confident person, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Keen attention to detail
- Organised and efficient
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
- Ready and willing to learn
- Committed and willing to turn a hand to whatever tasks are needed to meet the team's aims
Minimum of 6 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)