Claims Apprentice with Kennedys - Advanced (Level 3)
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
This apprenticeship is aimed at those that have completed A-levels or equivalent studies and will provide a broad understanding of the insurance market. We offer the Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship, which takes 15 months to complete and will lead to the Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) qualification.
This programme will develop your knowledge in the claims handling process, insurance broking and insurance underwriting, as well as developing your market knowledge and commercial awareness to prepare you for a career in the insurance industry. In addition to a dedicated supervisor at Kennedys, you will have a tutor and skills coach to ensure that you have all the support you need at work and with your studies. We offer a competitive salary paying at least the UK Living wage, give you the opportunity to earn whilst you learn.
Duties may include:
- Developing a core technical knowledge in Insurance and in particular a key area of practice (i.e. professional indemnity)
- Exposure to international claims (USA, Latin America, Asia, Middle East and Australasia)
- Plays a pivotal role in file administration and ensuring that data is accurately and comprehensively posted onto the claims management system
- Develops the ability to construe insurance policies
- Takes responsibility for managing their own case load and identifies issues requiring escalation at an early stage
- Utilising their investigative skills and insurance knowledge to make sound commercial judgements
- Has the ability to draft reports/referrals to Insurer clients
- Works closely with their supervisor on marketing initiatives
- Real client exposure and the opportunity to raise your profile within the insurance market
Once the apprenticeship has been completed, there may be the opportunity to progress onto the Insurance Professional Level 4 Apprenticeship. This takes a further 18 months to complete and will lead to the Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII) qualification.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more information.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word and Excel
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- 8 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English & Mathematics
- 120 UCAS points (or equivalent)
As an Insurance Practitioner Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Insurance Practitioner level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. This apprenticeship is aligned to the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and uses an innovative and flexible approach to demonstrating competency in the workplace. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in the awarding of the CII Certificate (IF1/ IF2 and choice of IF3/ 4/ 10).
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.