Our apprenticeship programmes are an investment in both you and your career. Head office based and run over a 2 year period, they are offered on a full-time employed basis, pay a competitive salary and provide you with genuine prospects.
Joining our Large Corporate Insurance Claims department, you’ll enjoy a combination of ‘on and off the job training’, consisting of a series of work placements and project activities designed to give you a real breadth and depth of experience, ensuring you are fully equipped to make the most of your future.
To Investigate and process claims, within limits of authority and in accordance with policies (including client handling requirements), procedures and regulatory requirements; applying criteria to prevent loss and fraud to deliver fair outcomes and first-class customer service to our Large Corporate Clients.
Continually develop and contribute to the achievement of NFUM’s objectives, through various work placements and the successful delivery of activities and projects, to achieve a breadth of knowledge, experience, core skills and professional qualifications.
- Successfully complete all actions, training and assessments within the Apprentice programme in the relevant timescales (as detailed in the Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard which includes a Certificate in Insurance)
- Successfully complete any other required / agreed professional qualifications within agreed timescales, demonstrating technical knowledge during placements
- Develop specific regulatory and technical knowledge to contribute effectively to the delivery of the placement area’s objectives
- Investigate, assess and evaluate claims within limits of authority, applying criteria to prevent loss and fraud and appointing suppliers and experts as required, updating relevant parties and meeting customer service standards
- Continually develop to achieve professional and personal skills to the requirements and standards of the Claims Apprentice scheme and assigned Claims unit
- Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with your Line Manager
Full-time position on completion of your apprenticeship.
- Salary 19,000 - 21,000 per annum
- An annual performance related bonus
- A full study support package and mentoring at no cost to you
- 25 days holiday
- Access to free chartered bus service to help you get to and from work
- Opportunities to complete community and charity work
- A wide range of retail and insurance discounts for you and your friends and family
Flexible benefits - dental cover, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans, buy or sell holiday entitlement and childcare vouchers.
Please can you also copy this into the things to consider:
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates. For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
- Experience of gaining information from others to resolve a problem
- Evidence of ability to communicate with others at different levels
- Evidence of proactively seeking new opportunities to learn and develop
- Experience of using full Microsoft Office suite
- An interest in Financial services (in particular insurance)
- Strong communication skills
- More than anything a positive and proactive attitude is what matters
- You will be articulate, with good attention to detail, and a team player
With a genuine interest in taking the apprenticeship route as a first step towards building a successful career, you should have:
- Good written, communication and PC skills
- 5 GCSE Grades A* to C or 9 to 4 (including English and Maths)
- Studied at A Level
A fully supported Level 3 apprenticeship programme, Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Certificate in Insurance (CII).