What will the apprentice be doing?
Site engineering technicians work on construction sites and, as well as having their own technical responsibilities, they supervise and co-ordinate a workforce involved in the delivery of trades activities. They also work with third parties such as design teams, clients, and statutory authorities.
Working alongside our Site Engineer you will:
- Support the Site Engineer as the main technical surveyor on site to check the setting out of subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives
- Set out, level and survey the site as required
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Prepare reports as required
- Support the resolution of any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- Operate as part of the site team and contribute to a positive and inclusive workplace culture
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The qualification you’ll get at the end of your apprenticeship is HNC in Civil Engineering
- You’ll learn the skills required to achieve Technician status with the Institution of Civil Engineers (EngTech MICE)
- You’ll do your training at London South Bank University Southwalk Campus
- · The course explores the fundamentals of civil engineering, leaving you well prepared for entry on to the full degree programme. It covers mathematics, engineering mechanics, construction technology, and practice skills
- You’ll study part-time for 2 years
- You'll develop a wide range of employability skills through our vocational approach to teaching and a focus on a range of technical knowledge and skills
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The Construction Site Engineering Technician Apprenticeship includes an HNC in Civil Engineering and will teach you the skills required to achieve Technician status with the Institution of Civil Engineers (EngTech MICE).
Possible career routes include:
- Assistant Site Engineer
- Assistant Engineer
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Construction Site Technician
Reality CheckThe role will include working outside within a construction site The NLHPP ERF Project is a significant investment for North London and an exciting project to launch your career within construction. ACCIONA is an international company with a significant global presence and a growing profile within the UK. Employees have the opportunity to work across the globe on our projects.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent ALevel (include maths and Physical Science) (Grade EEE) Essential
BTEC or equivalent BTEC National Diploma (Grade MMP) Essential