There has never been more exciting time to join the Traffic and Engineering team. We have taken on two long term capital programmes and additional programmes in the Nine Elms area. This has created the opportunity for two Apprentices to join our supportive, hardworking and dynamic team.
The team is responsible for the design, management and delivery of engineering services and projects which include traffic management, highways, highways asset management, street lighting, drainage and flood prevention and cycling.
About the Apprenticeship:
Our Apprenticeship scheme provides a perfect way to earn a wage while you gain vital work experience and a nationally recognised qualification. You will be working towards a Civil Engineering Technician Level 3 qualification alongside Functional Skills if required.
You will be fully supported and mentored through your apprenticeship and be given protected time to complete your course work. The scheme is designed for individuals who are living and entitled to work in England and are not in full-time education. When you’ve finished, we’ll help you to find a permanent role.
- Assist with feasibility studies, site surveys and site investigations
- Work as required in ways that develop good working relations and collaborative arrangements with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify solutions to minor problems and make recommendations to Senior Engineers
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the services of the Boroughs of Wandsworth and Richmond
A great start in the industry, it will open doorways to further study – perhaps a HNC and engineering degree. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, a professional qualification with the Institution of Civil Engineers awaits (TMICE). You will be receiving on-the-job training at the sharp end of engineering.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail by producing work that is accurate and on time
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with a wide range of individuals
- Appreciation of the role of local government
- Understanding the principals of forming good working relationships with colleagues and customers
5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 including maths at a grade 6/B.
- Civil Engineering Technician level 3 standard
- Functional Skills if required