Civil Engineering Apprentice
Van Elle Limited
Nottingham Trent University
This role involves:
- Tender reviews
- Attended Pre-let meetings
- Chase orders/Information in accordance with stage of the project
- Calculate foundation line loads when not provided by the client
- Create CSV file for site engineers
- Undertake remedial design works as and when required
- Site managers safety audits
- Undertake work in accordance with company QA procedures
- Value engineer foundation design solutions to benefit the client and environment
Van Elle is committed to develop and train all its employees, equipping them with the necessary skills and competence to perform their duties and to enable them to gain the skills, knowledge and experience to build their careers and to meet the ongoing and future needs of the business.
Work for the UK’s largest independent ground engineering contractor and be part of an innovative, growing company.
This role will be office based, however you will be expected to visit site and university as and when required.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to work individually or as a member of a team. They should have commercial aptitude and be able to liaise with clients and deliver projects to their satisfaction.
Have a ‘Can Do’ flexible attitude with a practical approach and the desire to develop their career.
- Three A-levels at Grades A*-C, including Mathematics and Physical Science or equivalent; or
- A successfully completed Level 3 Apprenticeship as a Civil Engineering Technician; and
- GCSEs – English and maths grade C/4
Attend Nottingham Trent University 1 day per week and will work towards BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free