What will the apprentice be doing?
- Civil Engineer Technicians support experienced technical staff and work in key areas of the business on a 12-month rotation, including placements in highways maintenance, surfacing, contracting and design teams across the county
- Consultancy - working with clients, CAD design, an office based drawing and design role
- Contracts - working to help build the design, on site with contractors and clients
- Network - maintaining and develop existing networks and schemes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will complete the level 3 Civil Engineering Technician apprenticeship
- You will be attending College in Exeter one day a week release and you will need to travel to Exeter
- You will already have the entry requirements 5 GCSE's A - C or 4 - 9 including Maths, English and Science or their equivalent
- You will work towards your ICE techncian professional exams
- You will experience a rotational training programme across the three main areas of the business, Consultancy, Contracting and Maintenance
- You will have specific operational and professional additional training, with the opportunity to apply for Construction Skills Certification scheme cards, as appropriate to the role
- You will have a mentor or delegated engineer and be expected to gain your ICE professional accreditation
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a Cormac Apprentice you will be recruited on a contract on a career grade scheme and after completing your training and professional accreditation you will have the knowledge, experience and professional membership to progress through the career grade and be rewarded with a great career in a developing company.
You will gain a permanent contract.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths, English, Science (Grade A-C or 4-9) Essential