As a member of the UK team, you'll support local and international projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, hydro, and more.
You'll be joined by hundreds of skilled experts, collaborating over the entire lifecycle of a project – from idea, concept and design, to operation and maintenance within our portfolio of tunnels & underground structures, bridges, complex structures, ground engineering and reclamation projects.
We're looking for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join us as apprentices. If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in the civil engineering sector and deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- With the support of your project manager, plan and prioritise your workload
- Contribute to solving technical problems with your team
- Carry out engineering designs and assessments
- Prepare design reports and drawings
- Collaborate with Engineers across many disciplines
- Be responsible for delivering your own work to a high standard
- Attend site visits and client meetings as required
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you'll outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
This will be a permanent position.
Our full range of benefits.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank and public holidays)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Gym membership
- Private health care
- Life assurance (4 x salary)
- Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Long service award of extra pension contributions paid for by the Company and one extra day's holiday after 5 years' service
- Professional membership fees reimbursed
- Employee ownership through COWI share programme
- Cycle to work scheme
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Your skills are the key to our success
- Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers
- To succeed in this position, we believe that you'll be a creative team player with excellent English communication and analytical skills
- You'll also have a passion for learning, be reliable, practical, self-motivated and keen to get involved in problem-solving
We're looking for the following qualifications and attributes:
- A commitment to complete a five-year degree while working
- At least 96 UCAS points or above at A-level or equivalent, to include Maths plus at least one further STEM based subject such as Physics, ICT, Computing and Electronics.
- Three A levels at Grades A*-C including Maths and Physical Science or their equivalent or will have completed a Level 3 apprenticeship as Civil Engineering Technician
- Five GCSE’s at grade A-C including English, Maths and Doble Science or equivalent qualification
Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) through day release as well as working towards your Incorporated Engineer status with the Institution of Civil Engineers.