As an Apprentice Engineer, you will join us on an 8-storey superstructure, with 5 storeys of basement. The site will be split into two zones and a hybrid method of top-down construction will be adopted. Zone 1 to the East will be constructed using a top-down method and Zone 2 to the West will be constructed using a ‘blue sky’ open dig excavation method.
We ask that you:
- Are passionate about engineering and the site environment
- Are competent in applying mathematics
- Have a committed aspiration to become a competent knowledgeable Civil Engineer
- Be a real team player, showing initiative and commitment to the wider project team
- Have researched our industry, the role and the apprenticeship
Successfully completion of the apprenticeship including achieving a BSc (Hons) degree will fulfil partial requirements for application Chartered Civil Engineer status.
This apprenticeship will require you to be able to study towards a degree and to work on site on the construction project. Often site work will require you to be outdoors in the work environment.
- Strong team worker
- Responsible nature
- Completer -finisher in all that your do, with a strong attention to detail
112 - 120 UCAS tariff points from Level 3 qualifications, including A Level mathematics or equivalent.
Qualifications can include:
- A Levels at grade B, B and C, equivalent or above
- BTEC Extended Diploma with Distinction, Merit, Merit
- Access to HE Diploma
All applicants must have a minimum of a level 2 qualification in English and maths.
e.g. GCSE A*-C or 9-5
This is a 8 week paid work placement opportunity leading to starting a full civil engineer apprenticeship.
You will begin working full-time on the new project as an Apprentice Engineer, on an 8-storey superstructure, with 5 storeys of basement.
After the work placement period completes you will start your apprenticeship by attending the The University of West London, one day per week and then work the remaining four days on the site.
On the apprenticeship you will be studying towards a BSC (Hons) Civil Engineer Degree and a Civil Engineer Apprenticeship certificate as well as gaining valuable training, skills and knowledge on site.
Your employer will also registered you on the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) training plan.