You will be working within a home setting, to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by Government for the learning, development, and care of children from birth to 5-years old.
Daily duties include:
- Preparing and supervising meals
- Educating children through play and developing their literacy and numeracy and personal care life skills
- Preparing fine and gross motor learning opportunities through arts, crafts, messy play, cooking and physical exercise
- Going on outings
- Nappy changing, toilet training
- General cleaning to ensure a safe environment
- Level 2 Apprentices are encouraged to continue to obtain their Level 3 as this will lead to management opportunities in their career development
- We are a small business which is keen to grow, the right candidate can take an active role in this development furthering their own career at the same time
- Empathic, a people person who is an excellent communicator with both adults and children
- You need to have a good command of English
- French-speaking is desirable, but not essential
Full DBS and a paediatric first aid certificate is required for this role. Applicants who do not currently possess these but are confident they will pass the DBS check are welcome to apply, as these qualifications can be arranged.
- Passionate about children
- Good sense of play
- Self-sufficient: someone with a positive attitude, who can take initiative and be relied upon
- 5 GCSEs grades 4/C or above (or equivalent)
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.