What will the apprentice be doing?
- Be a key person to a group of children
- Work closely with parents & carers to ensure a child’s needs are recognised and met
- Raise concerns with a senior staff member
- Be aware of any special needs a child may have & familiarise yourself with their play & learning plans
- Work with children, offering support & stimulation
- Set up daily programmes, tidy away
- Keep toys &equipment clean & safe
- Keep information regarding children their families or others confidential
- To undertake any duties as directed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
All your training will be completed at your work place, you will qualify with the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Standard
- Paedratric First Aid qualification
- Level 2 Maths and English where required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity to be taken onto full time position upon successful completion of apprenticeship.
Reality CheckAbility to obtain an Advanced DBS as a Safeguarding requirement for Ofsted. Your Salary will be in range of £650 - £800 per month, for a 30 hour week, depending on age, prior qualifications, experience and the level of Apprenticeship you are entered onto.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Team working, Non judgemental, Patience, Caring, Compassionate, Independent Working, Commited, Friendly, Flexible
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade A/9-C/4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A/9-C/4) Desired