Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend college where necessary, complete all assignments on time and attend associated training.
- To help to set up the setting for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To work closely with the teacher and other staff members, building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise teacher and Safeguarding co-ordinator of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To engage with children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support meal times within the setting.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the teacher, in accordance with the setting’s objectives.
- To look upon the Nursery as a ‘whole’. Be constantly aware of the changing needs of the children and nursery.
Permanent position at the nursery Knowledge and understanding of the EYFS and the curriculum which will be helpful to other childcare jobs.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Team work
GCSE or equivalents at grade 3-9/A*-C in maths & English.
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programs.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if required)
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.