Childcare Apprenticeship - Tops Wareham
Tops Day Nurseries
ASPIRE TRAINING TEAM LIMITED
We are currently looking to recruit a Childcare Apprentice to join us at Tops Day Nurseries to complete their Level 2 NVQ in Early Years Education.
Here at Tops Day Nurseries we have an outstanding reputation in delivering the best quality childcare across the South-West, operating nurseries and play clubs across Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Devon. The successful applicant of this position will be joining our nursery based in Wareham.
Tops Wareham is an outstanding, small nursery situated just outside of the town centre. Employees benefit from being minutes away from Wareham high street and the pretty Wareham Quay. There are also convenient transport links with both the bus stop and train station being less than a 5 minute walk away!
This is an exciting opportunity to complete your apprenticeship within a large nursery group across the South West who offer fantastic career progression opportunities and employee care with several benefits.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will involve:
- Assist in providing a safe environment for children
- Assisting with daily, weekly and monthly checks around the nursery
- Assist in ensuring the unit is clean and tidy and assist in meal preparation
- Assist colleagues with developing and maintaining good relationships with local schools, charities and involvement with the community (e.g. parades, visiting care homes)
- Taking children on trips out and assist on picking up from school
- Able to support children’s behaviour and act as a role model
- Support in ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities
We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about beginning their career in child care. You will need to take this role seriously, and be able to demonstrate a good work ethic and be able to communicate effectively with the people around you, making sure that you treat both other staff and children with respect and care at all times.
Not for you? Please click here on the following link see our other vacancies: https://bit.ly/2WdC4Lh
Visit our Tops Day Nursery Careers Facebook Page today for all our current Tops vacancies and recruitment news: https://bit.ly/2Y3R0gI
To see how this role could progress your career, please click on the following link: https://bit.ly/2TIBhVD
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
- May be able to progress onto achieving the Level 3 Diploma
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 2 in childcare
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- Intermediate Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 functional skills in English and maths if necessary
- Paediatric First Aid
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.