We are currently looking to recruit a Childcare Apprentice to join us at Tops Day Nurseries to complete their Level 2 qualification in Children and Young People's Workforce.
Here at Tops Day Nurseries we have an outstanding reputation in delivering the best quality childcare across the South-West, operating nurseries and play clubs across Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Devon. The successful applicant of this position will be joining our nursery based in Parkstone, Poole.
Tops Parkstone is a lovely, central nursery situated between Branksome and Wallisdown. Employees benefit from being minutes away from the main stretch of Ashley Road and a stone throws away from the Tower Park Leisure Complex!
This is an exciting opportunity to complete your apprenticeship within a large nursery group across the South West who offer fantastic career progression opportunities and employee care with several benefits.
Your responsibilities and duties will involve:
- Assist in providing a safe environment for children
- Assisting with daily, weekly and monthly checks around the nursery
- Assist in ensuring the unit is clean and tidy and assist in meal preparation
- Assist colleagues with developing and maintaining good relationships with local schools, charities and involvement with the community (e.g., parades, visiting care homes)
- Taking children on trips out and assist on picking up from school
- Able to support children’s behaviour and act as a role model
- Support in ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities
We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about beginning their career in childcare. You will need to take this role seriously, and be able to demonstrate a good work ethic and be able to communicate effectively with the people around you, making sure that you treat both other staff and children with respect and care at all times.
- Work towards a Level 3 Childcare qualification or a Level 2 permanent
- Full time role
- When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks, such as washing up and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time
- Using the following link and post code, please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting. Postcode: BH12 4HU Google Maps: www.google.co.uk/maps/
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- A good team player
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 2
- GCSE grades A* - C / 9 - 4 including English and maths or equivalent
- Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 functional skills in English and maths if necessary