We are currently looking to recruit a Childcare Apprentice to join us at Tops Day Nurseries to complete their Level 2 qualification in Children and Young People's Workforce.
Here at Tops Day Nurseries we have an outstanding reputation in delivering the best quality childcare across the South-West, operating nurseries and play clubs across Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Devon. The successful applicant of this position will be joining our nursery based at Portsmouth.
Tops Portsmouth is a fun, exciting nursery situated just outside of the city centre. Employees benefit from being less than 10 minutes away from Cosham High Street and a stone’s throw away from the picturesque Lakeside Harbour. There are also convenient transport links very close to the nursery for both trains and buses!
This is an exciting opportunity to complete your apprenticeship within a large nursery group across the South West who offer fantastic career progression opportunities and employee care with several benefits.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will involve:
- Assist in providing a safe environment for children
- Assisting with daily, weekly and monthly checks around the nursery
- Assist in ensuring the unit is clean and tidy and assist in meal preparation
- Assist colleagues with developing and maintaining good relationships with local schools, charities and involvement with the community (e.g. parades, visiting care homes)
- Taking children on trips out and assist on picking up from school
- Able to support children’s behaviour and act as a role model
- Support in ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities
We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about beginning their career in childcare. You will need to take this role seriously and be able to demonstrate a good work ethic and be able to communicate effectively with the people around you, making sure that you treat both other staff and children with respect and care at all times.
Not for you? Please click here on the following link see our other vacancies: https://bit.ly/2WdC4Lh
Visit our Tops Day Nursery Careers Facebook Page today for all our current Tops vacancies and recruitment news: https://bit.ly/2Y3R0gI
To see how this role could progress your career, please click on the following link: https://bit.ly/2TIBhVD
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
- May be able to progress onto achieving the Level 3 Diploma
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 2 in childcare
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
Level 2 Early years practitioner
- Intermediate Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 functional skills in English and maths if necessary
- Paediatric First Aid
- Level 2 Food Hygiene